Not only has polish brand Morgan Taylor done manicures from all sides of the industry (from backstage at Fashion Week to the world’s top nail salons) but they’ve perfected a two-tone, DIY manicure that you can actually tackle on your own.
Here’s how to nail it.
- 3-4 Toothpicks
- Scotch or tape (or similar).
1) Cut about 20 tape strips, pre-cut into thin strips. (Approximately 1 inch long and 1/4 inch wide.
2) Buff and file nails to oval (or desired) shape.
3) Apply a base coat. (This will stretch your mani for days longer!)
4) Paint entire nail with darker color.
5) Allow to dry for 15 minutes.
6) Apply tape strips in an “X” across bottom half of nail.
7) Apply lighter color to bottom half of “X”, clearing smudges with a toothpick.
8) Allow to dry for 10 minutes.
9) Apply top coat and enjoy!
MORE PRO MANI TIPS
- Want to make any color “pop” more? Layer it over white nail polish.
- Keep your mani going longer by swiping a little base and top coat across nails’ free edges to deter chipping.