A little highlighter never hurt anyone, so if you are all about the glow as part of you glam routine or you like to keep it low key with just a bit of dusting on your cheekbones to avoid any disco ball comparisons – say no more. Sleek MakeUP’s Highlighter Palette in Distorted Dreams has five gorgeous reflective, holographic shades and we’ve got all the how-to’s to achieve your most preferred level of luminosity.
Because this cream-based palette offers prismatic hues, iridescence, and shimmer – you can extend highlight application to your eyelids, cheeks, lips, cupids bow and even your décolletage by using a highlighting brush (a stippling brush, for instance, works perfectly). Here are some suggested ways for your best glow-up:
- The easiest way to brighten and lift is by adding some iridescence on your brow bone, right below your eyebrow. Using the lightest highlighting shade on the palette, located vertically on the left, apply as little or as much as you’d like to the area.
- For a quick pick me up, apply this same light shade or the light pink shade horizontally placed below it, to the inner corners of your eyes. You’ll look like you’ve had all 8 hours of recommended sleep. Goals.
- If you like a little dimension on your eye lids, pop some of the lightest or even the golden shade as a layered eyeshadow, or even a standalone shadow.
- The place that started it all – the cheeks. For a holographic, out of this world sheen, swipe the bluest shade, in the middle of the palette or the green shade to the right of the palette, on the temples of your cheeks.
- Feel like doubling up on blush? Pop some of the gold shade at the top of the palette or the darker pink bronze shade at the bottom of the palette, under your blush, or even over it for some extra sparkle.
- Are you a hopeless romantic? Illuminate the cupids bow ( the area under the nose, above the upper lip) by applying your favorite hue of the highlighting shades as lightly or as heavily as you’d like.
Next Level Ideas
- After applying your favorite lippie, finish it off with an extra dose of dimension using any of your preferred shades as a top layer gloss. For an added plumping effect, apply the lightest shade to the left of the palette, on the mid-section of the lower lip. Your perfect pout will thank you later.
- Bringing in the shimmer to your beauty routine shouldn’t have limitations. Any of these glowing shades can be easily applied on your neck, chest, and décolletage for a flirtatious nighttime sparkle – or of course, a daytime outing. It’s your highlighting world, and we are just living in it, shine away!