This is a Secure Website:
Glossybox USA - Beauty Trend USA Inc is committed toprotecting our customer's privacy. Please take the time to review this noticewhich explains what information we collect about you, how we use it, and yourrights. THG Beauty Limited (“Glossybox USA - Beauty Trend USA”, “we” or “us”) is the datacontroller of the personal data collected via or in connection with Glossybox USA - Beauty Trend USA Incand any associated App (the “Site”).
What personal data do we collect about you?
Wecollect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and throughyour use of the Site. This information may include:
- Informationyou provide to us when you use our Site (e.g. your name, contact details,gender, product reviews, and any information which you add to your accountprofile);
- Transactionand billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site(e.g. credit/debit card details and delivery information);
- Recordsof your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team,interact with us on social media);
- Informationyou provide us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey;
- Informationcollected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. whichpages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our emailupdates).We may also collectinformation about the device you use to access our Site; and
- Otherinformation necessary to provide the Site, for example we may access yourlocation if you give us your consent.
If you also shop in one of our stores,we may combine information you give us in-store (e.g. if you make a purchase orjoin our mailing list in-store) with the information above.
What do we use this personal data for?
Depending on how you use our Site, yourinteractions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for whichwe use your personal data include:
- Tofulfill your order and maintain your online account.
- Tomanage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- Topersonalize the Site to you and show you content we think you will be mostinterested in, based on your account information, your purchase history andyour browsing activity.
- Toimprove and maintain the Site, and monitor its usage.
- Formarket research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products.
- Tosend you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we haveyour consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- Forsecurity purposes, toinvestigate fraud and where necessary toprotect ourselves and third parties.
- Tocomply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal basis,under data protection law, to process your personal data:
- Becausethe processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps priorto entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase withus, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfill your order).
- Becausewe have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, whereyou add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent toreceive marketing from us).
- Becauseit is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain andpromote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about ourcustomers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We useinformation about you to tailor your view of the Site, to make it moreinteresting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
Our Site may allow you the option ofadding additional information to your account profile, such as informationabout your body type, skin type, hair type, hair condition, training regime,performance goals, height and weight. We treat this information with particularsensitivity, as we understand it can reveal information about your health orethnicity, for example. You do not have to provide this information to us, andcan delete it or update it at any time.
We love to communicate with ourcustomers and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use yourpersonal data to send you marketing messages by email, phone or post. Some ofthese messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing orpurchase activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receivemarketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in!), you canchange your preferences at any time by contacting us (details below), clickingon the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in youraccount. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contactyou with service messages from time to time (e.g. order and deliveryconfirmations, and information about your legal rights).
You may also see ads for our Site onthird party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored toyou using cookies (which track your web activity, so enable us to serve ads tocustomers who have visited our Site). Where you see an ad on social media, thismay because we have engaged the social network to show ads to our customers, orusers who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing youremail address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailoredads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and thesethird party websites.
Who do we share this personal data with?
We share customers’ personal data withthird parties in the following circumstances:
- Withother companies in our group of companies, as necessary to operate the Site.
- Withour suppliers and service providers working for us, e.g. payment processors anddelivery companies.
- Withour professional and legal advisors.
- Withthird parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- Withlaw enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or inresponse to a lawful request.
- Otherwisewhere we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Storage and Retention
We use service providers based aroundthe world. Consequently, your personal data may be processed in countriesoutside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rightsin respect of your data than you do under local law. If we transfer personal dataoutside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law,ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriatesafeguards, in particular the EU’s standard contractual clauses. Please contact us if you would like moreinformation about these safeguards.
We will keep your personal data for aslong as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will varydepending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made apurchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the periodnecessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a recordof correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about aproduct) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where weno longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please notethat where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep arecord of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails infuture.
ThisSite ensures that data is encrypted when leaving the Site. This process involvesthe converting of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorisedaccess. This Site follows this process and employs secure methods to ensure theprotection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods suchas SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this Siteover a secure communications channel.
Whilstwe do everything within our power to ensure that personal data is protected atall times from our Site, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of theinformation that has been transmitted to our Site.
OurSite is not intended for, and should not be used by, children under the age of 18.We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18.
Policy hereforfurther information about the cookies we use and how to amend your cookiesettings.
Youhave certain rights in respect of your personal data, including the right toaccess your personal data, and, in specific circumstances, to transfer your personal data to another entity in a commonly-used format.
Youalso have the right to object to your personal data being used for certainpurposes, including to send you marketing. See ‘Marketing’ above, for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data, for example; where our purposes for processing your personal data have come to an end; where you object to our processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests and we have no overriding-legitimate grounds to process your personal data; and where our processing was based on your consent which you have withdrawn.
Wewill comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance withapplicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number oflimitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data,or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, youshould contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contactyour local supervisory authority for data protection.
Telephone: +44 161 8131481
Address: Customer Services, Meridian
House, Gadbrook Park, Cheshire, CW9 7RA
Last updated 28/02/2022