Your tan doesn’t just belong in the summer! Make it last and sport that “just came from the beach” glow with these easy tricks.
1) There is no such thing as over moisturizing. Remember to apply day and night, especially when you get out of the shower. If you have really dry skin, use a body oil all over your body after toweling off like Rituals’ Shanti Chakra.
2) Hot water can dehydrate your skin, so keep the temperature cooler and use a shower cream or gel rather than a foam.
3) Exfoliating once a week helps get rid of dead skin cells. Try dry brushing with Biossance’s Body Brush before you shower for softer skin but be sure not to exfoliate with glycolic acid or salicylic acid as it will cause your tan to fade.
4) Drink tons of water and eat foods rich in beta-carotene such as carrots and sweet potatoes. You are what you eat, and leafy fruits and vegetables are essential for healthy skin from the inside out.
5) Enhance your tan with subtle shimmer oil! We love Nuxe’s Shimmering Dry Oil Huile Prodigieuse® OR. It’s universally appealing on all skin tones and adds that little extra something for the warmer days (or at least when you want to pretend it’s warm).