Throughout February, we’ve been celebrating the universal language of love with Glossies around the world – and, as every one of us loves a good pamper session, we’ve organized a global makeover to help you all get ready for your Valentine’s/Galentine’s plans together.
Whether you want to stick to a classic British look, flaunt a typically-German bold eyeshadow, pull off a chic French lip, embrace the elegant no-makeup makeup look inspired by the Nordics or channel your American sassiness, here are five tutorials for five popular makeup looks from around the world.
1. British Classic: Rosy Cheeks and Bright Eyes
For her Valentine’s rendezvous, Lydia opted for a natural look with a dewy glow, making highlighter the eye-catching focus of her design.
Flaunting peachy eyeshadow, a gorgeous nude brown lip and a warm, radiant highlight, Lydia is ready to impress.
Recreate This Popular Makeup Look
- Use a beauty blender to apply foundation onto your face and neck for a full-coverage effect.
- Blend and build the peachy hues of the MAC palette to create a soft smokey eye. Then, apply the eyeliner to your lash line and delicately smoke it out with an eyeshadow brush. Finish off the eye look with a few lashings of mascara.
- Shape and define your brows using the eyebrow pencil so that they look fuller and more sculpted.
- Sweep the highlighter onto your cheekbones, brow bone, down the bridge of your nose and onto your Cupid’s bow to create an iridescent look. Repeat until you achieve your desired glow.
- Finish off the look by lining your lips with the lip pencil, then filling them in with the lip gloss.
To create this look, Lydia used:
- L’Oréal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation
- Mac Warm Neutral Palette
- HD Brows Long Wear Liner – Intense Black
- L’Oréal Paris Telescopic Carbon Mascara – Black
- IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil
- theBalm Cindy Lou Manizer Rose Highlighter
- HUDA Beauty Lip Contour – Flirt
- NYX Professional Makeup Butter Gloss – Madeleine
2. Germany’s Take: Bold and Powerful
Our friends over in Germany like to focus on their eyeshadow to create their date night look.
Rebecca flaunts a shimmery, turquoisy-green eyelook with a light coverage base and a touch of lip balm to charm her beau.
Recreate The Look:
- Using the Morphe Colour Burst 35Ba Palette, apply the Ziggy shade to the outer corners and the crease of the eye, softly blending it out with circular strokes.
- Apply the Moss Boss hue from your crease up until the middle of the eyelid and buff it out with a blending eyeshadow brush.
- Apply the Lemonade shade to the inner corners of your eyes and blend it towards your brows.
- Apply the Ziggy hue to your lower lash line and softly blend it out.
- Apply eyeliner to your bottom lash line just under the eye. Then, using the same brush you used to apply Moss Boss, blend it out. Finish off the look with a few lashings of mascara.
- You can then apply your base (primer, liquid highlighter and foundation), define your features with blush and contour, shape your eyebrows and sweep some lipgloss onto your lips.
To create this popular makeup look, Rebecca used:
- Morphe Colour Burst 35B
- Maybelline Colour Show Kohl Eyeliner
- Laura Mercier Caviar Volume Panoramic Mascara
- Avant Pro-Perfecting Collagen Primer Touche Eclat
- NARS Liquid Highlighter – Orgasm
- Mac Cosmetics Face & Body Foundation
- Nudestix Lip+cheek Pencil
- Illamasqua Gel Sculpt
- Winkylux Uni Brow Pencil
- Burt’s Bees Glossy Lipstick – Peony Dew
3. The French Girl Route: A Bold Red Lip
For her tete-a-tete, Sylvie went for a classic chic look, making a red lip the centrepiece of her makeup design.
Pairing a bold red lip with a flawless winged eye, Sylvie is ready for her night on the town.
Recreate The Look
- Apply a lightweight foundation or BB cream onto your whole face and blend to create a natural look.
- Apply a touch of blush onto the apples of your cheeks and blend it outwards towards your temples.
- Style your brows with tinted eyebrow gel using upward strokes to create a gorgeous, bushy effect. You can also fill in any sparse patches with an eyebrow pencil.
- Create a sharp winged eye by applying a thin line of eyeliner from the middle of your lid and flicking it outwards. Finish off the eye look by adding a few lashings of mascara.
- Contour your lips using a lip liner that is one shade darker than your lipstick, then fill in your lips with the bold red lipstick.
To create this look, Sylvie used:
4. Norwegian’s Go-To: A No-Makeup Makeup Look
Our resident makeup artist Lucinka caught up with our Glossy colleagues over in Norway to model their typical coffee date look.
The epitome of class and elegance, this popular makeup look is all about the no-makeup makeup vibe that really lets your personality do all of the talking.
Recreate The Look
- Start by applying a light layer of foundation, ensuring that your skin still looks natural and your own radiance shines through. Next, apply concealer to cover any dark circles, red spots or other imperfections.
- Use a liquid highlighter to add glow and emphasize your best features. Apply it to your cheekbones and below your eyebrows.
- Create soft yet fuller-looking brows (they should still look natural!) using an eyebrow pencil.
- Coat your lashes in mascara to add volume and length.
- Finish the look by applying your favorite lip gloss!
To create this look, Lucinka used:
5. American Girl: Brows on Fleek
When she meets her girlfriends for their annual Galentine’s catch up, Molly opts for a popular makeup look that it casual yet put together.
She rocks a messy bun and a cool blazer so that her strong brows and high cheekbones can take centre stage.
Recreate The Look:
- Apply a CC cream to your face and neck, gently blending it in with your hands.
- Pluck and shape your brows using tweezers to clean up any rogue hairs for an effortlessly sleek look. Then, tint and set your brows using a semi-permanent brow tattoo to make them look bold and full.
- Using the Urban Decay On The Run Mini Palette, sweep the Off The Grid hue across your whole eyelid, then blend the Escape shade into the outer corner and crease. Buff the two shades together to create a soft peachy colour. Then, apply a touch of liquid eyeliner to your upper lash.
- Lightly apply highlighter along your cheekbones for a subtle glow.
- Finish off the look with a touch of gloss for lips that look naturally fuller.
Psst! You can follow Molly at @mollysharms on Instagram!
And there you have it, five popular makeup looks from around the world! Don’t forget to share your date night pictures with us on social using #datenightwithglossy.